Today I met people, who like the Hills at New Hope, are walking, and living out the Gospel each every day. People who serve as the hands and feet of Jesus every day of their lives....these people I will forever be grateful for...
Today Ellie and I were able to visit Maria's Big House of Hope.
First, let me back up........New Hope, the wonderful place Ellie was cared for over past two years, was started by the Hills. Over the last twenty years this amazing couple and their organization has helped hundreds, no thousands, of orphans. Not only do they provide the medical care most of these children would have never received, but they provide a loving home for them to grow and flourish. I had the priveldge of visiting Hope foster home on my very first day in Beijing.
.
Hope Foster Home in BeijingI really wish I had more pictures to share of my visit to New Hope. But since it was late when I arrived, and I was very tired from travel, I wasn't the best photographer. Yet in thinking about it now, the pictures from my visit were not nearly the most important part....it was my time there, my time with the Hills. It was very surreal to stand in the very place I dreamed about for over a year. I would study each photo of Ellie, each picture I could find of New Hope, to try desperately to get a glimpse of her life. During my wait, sometimes the only comfort I held onto was the thought of her in the safety of her New Hope family.
Please go here New Hope Foundation to learn more about Ellie's first home. There is also information about the book that was written about The Hills "the House of Hope".... I highly recommend it!
The Chapmans (as in Steven Curtis Chapman, one of my all time favorite singers), along with their organization Show Hope, united with the Hills to open more facilities to help and care for orphans with medical needs. After the tragic loss of their sweet daughter, Maria (adopted from China), the Chapmans opened Maria's Big House of Hope in her honor.
This is the front wall. The picture was drawn by Maria, and the image decorates most of the walls. The simple word this beautiful child wrote has such a profound message. We should all "see" these children as our Lord sees them....not as orphans, but beautifully and wonderfully made.I was really excited about visiting Maria's. The family that invited me to join them for the trip just adopted a little boy who had spent a great amount of time there. He had even had surgery there. What I didn't expect was to meet more of Ellie's friends!
This is Dr. Steve Martin. He was in Beijing, at New Hope when Ellie was admitted almost two years ago. He helped take care of my girl. He along with his wondeful wife (which I also had the great priveledge to meet) and their 6 children have lived in China for the last three years. They are dedicated to serving these children. Wow!
This sweet lady is a nurse that works both in Beijing at New Hope and at Maria's. She was so excited to see Xiao Fang!!! But I'm not sure if Ellie felt the same way at the time. The neat thing is I also met her the night I arrived in Beijing! She even signed Ellie's book for me.
This is Mike Shook. Another great guy that I was so excited to meet and thank in person. You see, since I sponsored Ellie through Show Hope, I was able to get updates on her every three months. This guy is the one who would provide those for us. During the very hard wait, the updates were such a source of joy!!! He was also very excited about seeing Xiao Fang!!
This little cutie recognized Ellie! She was walking passed us with her ayi, and got all excited when she saw Ellie. They were together at New Hope!!!
I cannot imagine how much it costs to provide all that they do for these children. If you are moved to help in anyway, click on the link here...
New Hope Foundation. or here. Show Hope : A Movement to care for orphans
There are so many ways to help....sponsoring a baby, or a nanny, or even a one time donation. But most of all with your prayer support for all of the amazing staff that work there!
I know that this smile grew in the love and care of her family at New Hope and Show Hope.....
And we will always be thankful for each of them.







I'm so glad you got to meet Robin and Joyce! That was the highlight of our trip (of course, aside from meeting Abbie!). We actually met our little Abbie at New Hope in Beijing and welcomed her into our family directly from there. She was so loved, and the nannies we so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI took several pictures of New Hope while we were there for 2 days visiting Abbie. She was upstairs in one of the LWB Heartbridge rooms, so I don't have any of Ellie's room downstairs, but I did get some of the stroller parking lot, hallways, etc. if you'd like them. I'll email them to you tonight.
Enjoy your time!
Oh - these are precious pictures!! I loved reading this update because my son just traveled with Show Hope to MBHOH and worked with Dr.Steve and with Mikey. The trip was such a blessing to him and he was very inspired by the example set forth by all those at Maria's!! Thanks for sharing the pics. BTW, Ellie is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete