Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Together at last!

I apologize for not posting earlier. We have been back since Sat night...but I've been a little busy loving on my other babies too! And, well since its 4:30in the morning, (jet lag is still kicking my butt).... I thought this might be a good time to update everyone. We made it home with several bumps along the road (or air). And it felt so good to be back together with our sweet Ellie.

We started our trip back home on Sat around 6:30 am, China time, 3:30 Friday afternoon Nevada time, to be at the airport by 8:30. A huge blessing for Ellie and I is that we were flying back on the same plane with two other families from our travel group. It was wonderful to have them to hang out with in the airports, and visit with on the plane. Our plane leaving China left with no delays!! We were so happy to finally being heading home. Ellie feel asleep with take off, and I was happy to think this was a great start to out long ride home. Well.....about 20 min later they served our first meal....and she woke up.

She stayed AWAKE the rest of the ride....yes! All 12.5 hours ( well minus her 20 minute cate nap). Despite my best efforts of medication, bottles, walking, and rocking....nothing worked! Although I do have to say my ever amazing girl was delightful. She only had a few struggling moments. But for the most part she was very good. But she was wired by the time we landed in San Fransico! And I was very tired!

But not too tired to rejoice with the other families over the United States' newest citizens.......

They were so tired....but Ellie was being so silly!
They became US citizens the moment they landed on US soil!

We had a wonderful time visiting with our friends at the San Fransico airport until we had to say our final goodbyes. It was hard to say goodbye to these friends we have made, and shared in this tremendous moment in each of our lives. They will forever be in my heart.

After I put Ellie in her coming home outfit, she knocked out...

We only had an hour and a half flight home, and she slept most of the way. But when we started landing, she woke up screaming. And she didn't stop until we were off of the plane, about 30 minutes later. My poor baby cried, and cried. Nothing would console her, and she was moving all over the place, she was so tired, and so confused. It was so very hard for me, because there was nothing I could do for her....and we were stuck on a plane, surrounded by some very comforting people, and some very frustrated people.

When we finally got off the plane, and I was able to calm her down, we were off to find our family. I was so excited...until I realized I went to the wrong baggage claim, and had to take a shuttle to the other side of the airport! The driver gave me a little attitude about helping me fold up the stroller to get onto the shuttle....and I lost it! I was so tired, and so sad..... I sat on the back on the shuttle , holding Ellie, and cried so hard! I could not stop crying.... I was tired, but I was also sad about the fact that this sweet baby I was holding is my daughter, but I still have so much to learn about her, she still has so much to learn about me, she is still learning to trust me, and learning to allow me to comfort her. It was a though moment. It's as if I could finally see the finish line, but just fell down... I felt so tired.

Finally we arrived to the correct terminal... And I started looking for our family....who was very patiently waiting....and a peace washed over me....when I saw them....

This was the first moment they all saw her.
I was showing her the photo album, with the pictures of everyone.
 

We missed each other so much....and Ellie was still unsure!
 

It felt so good to be back in his arms.
The dimples started to appear!
 

Her big sister loves her so much....they all do.
 

She has no idea yet, how much love we have for her!
 

Together at last!
Now....we can finally start our life together, and see what mighty things our good and gracious God...has in store for our family....and this amazing girl!

Thank you for following our journey! I hope to post here regularly over the next year, sharing with all of our friends, the story of Ellie!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Amiee, I have tears in my eyes reading this post and seeing the photos. I can completely identify with those overwhelming emotions you described as you rode the shuttle to the right terminal. The adoption trip is such a whirlwind and a roller coaster, and getting home is truly just the beginning. May the jet lag soon be a distant memory and may the bonding be smooth and joyous as sweet Ellie learns all about forever love with your gang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it home! I used to volunteer at New Hope and I knew Ellie (or Xiao Fang) very well! She is such a sweet little girl! If you would like, I have many photos of Ellie that I can email you!

    I really have enjoyed reading your blog and I hope to read more posts about Ellie's life with her new family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I would love any photos you have of our girl! And thank you for loving on her during your time at New Hope. My email address is gautreaux6@yahoo.com
    Blessings,
    Amiee

    ReplyDelete