Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 13/14... Really I lost count...

Don't get me wrong, I have really loved my time here in China with my sweet Ellie, but I'm ready to go home! I'm so ready to see my other babies, and wrap my arms around my wonderful husband. I can't wait for Ellie to meet the rest of her family!

Today was a big day! Ellie had her US consulate appointment in the morning. This appointment was for her to obtain her immigrant visa. And once she lands on US soil she will become a US citizen! I had to take an oath this morning on her behalf. It was a really special moment.

Since it was a special day, Ellie wore her new dress that Aunt Jennifer had given her. We both loved it!!

After our appointment, I thought Ellie might enjoy the pool. She absolutely loves her bath, and "swims" in the tub. So we put on out bathing suits and heading to the pool...

"Mom, there is no way I'm getting in that pool!"
But....as soon as got there, she was not impressed. There was a man swimming laps in the pool, and she became frightened. There was no changing her mind....so we moved onto other things......

After our nap, we headed out for one last dinner with our travel buddies, Susan and Jake.

Look, they want us to eat THAT!
They LOVE their noodles!!
 

We feel so blessed to have shared this wonderful trip with these amazing friends! We will have so many wonderful memories of this special time in our lives.

For a final treat.....they giggled over their first Starbucks drinks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment