What an amazing day!!!!!!! The weather was beautiful! And we headed to the civil affairs office by 9:30.
 |
| Our travel group, so excited to meet all of our children |
When we arrived we learned that one of the baby girls was all ready there. The family quickly met their precious daughter. Another adorable boy was brought in to meet his parents shortly after. What an amazing moment to experience with the other families. I figured I would have to wait a while for Ellie. From talking to other families who have adopted kids from Anyang (Ellie's city), I learned that they are usually the last to arrive since their city is so far from Zhengzhou. But then one of the moms said, they are bringing a little girl from a van. Moments later my beautiful daughter was there, right in front of me, in the arms of the orphanage nanny. The moment was better than I ever dreamed. She is beautiful! She only cried a little when we first met. But a sucker and lots of cuddles quickly brought her sweet smile around.





We sat their together and watched the other families being united. I held my precious daughter and sang praises to God for His amazing love, and for this sweet child. Quickly Ellie's sweet personality came out. She flashed her dimples to everyone ( as long as she was in my arms)!
She is perfect!!!!!!!!!
As soon as we got back to the hotel room we called daddy on the computer.
He would cover his eyes to play peek-a-boo. And she would try to wipe his hands away on the screen, then giggle.....so precious!!
She is amazing! So sweet, so happy, and so very, very loved!
Thank you so much for the prayers!!!!! We can feel the LOVE from all of you!
Oh Amiee! She is so beautiful. I LOVE seeing her in your arms at last. What a beautiful gift. Praising our Father with you today! (and I am so thrilled she is already flashing that gorgeous smile/dimples!!)
ReplyDeleteI am balling my eyes out woman.......this is the most precious thing I have ever witnessed.....her smile and little dimples r breath taking!!! I am so happy you arrived safe and had a flawless uniting with your daughter....she is so beautiful and possibly the luckiest girl in the world right now:-) love you guys so so much, prayers for safe travels back and another amazing meeting of the rest of the family:-) God bless you my sweet amazing friend!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! So happy for all of you... cracking up over her first game of peek-a-boo with daddy!
ReplyDeletePS: And of course she's gonna cry a little when she first met you, aren't all children first handed to their momma's while they show off what their lungs can do? ;)
What a wonderful gotcha' day! So glad she appears to be doing so well with her transition...with many more to come! Love the pic of her playing with baba! How fun. So happy for you--praising God with you for the miracle of adoption.
ReplyDeleteToo precious. I am so happy for you all. You both are wonderful parents,Ellie will be soi loved. I will be praying for your journey back home, prayers for a wondeful coming home welcome, and a blessed future gor your beatiful family. Loves to you all.
ReplyDeleteAmy Orr Helffrich
Congratulations! So happy for your family! Hope to meet her soon! Have a safe trip home
ReplyDelete