Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fundraising Fun

Hello y'all!  First of all let me say that this post does not come easy for me to write...not that I'm not excited about our fundraisers.  But it is hard for me to ask for help.  I've always been one to "do it myself" and take care of it "no problem".  But I am learning humility.  I have prayed about this decision to "fund raise".  We are very blessed and our family wants for nothing.  Yet adoption can be very expensive.  And no, there should be no price on a child and the money is not to "buy Ellie" (like one of our children asked).  The expenses come from agency fees (both homestudy and placing agency), government fees (both here and in Ch*na), paper processing fees, travel fees (round trip airfare, and two weeks in Ch*na), and orphanage donations.  Our adoption will cost us approximate $28,000 (if both of us travel).  Steve will more than likely not be able to travel, so that will drop the cost some.  But we will have to update our homestudy and pay more fees to a third agency once we move to NV in May.

When we talked and prayed about doing fundraisers, we had two thoughts...
   - First, our fundraising efforts might help bring adoption awareness to others
   - Secondly, it will open doors to allow other people to help orphans as well

Please don't misread me... we can certainly afford our adoption and caring for our baby girl.  We are blessed!  But it would be so much easier with a little help.  So, here are our fundraisers so far.  Thank you for allowing me to explain first!

First off..... our "I love you" bracelets-
I love you- in sign language
            We had some special silicone bracelets made with a special message.  They say "I love you" in English on one side, and "Wo Ai Ni" on the other.  This means "I love you" in Mandarin Ch*nese.  We also included an "I love you" symbol in sign language.   The kids and I shoot each other one of these when we are not close enough to tell each other "I love you".

 Right now we are not close enough to tell Ellie we love her, but we can wear our bracelets as a symbol of that love for her and all of the orphans of the world.  The bracelets are red which is a symbolic color in C*ina for good luck and happiness.

For a donation of any amount I will put one of these in the mail for you.  If you want more sent so you could raise money where you live, just let me know!

                         

We love you, Ellie

Our next fundraiser is with Adoption Bug.  If you click on the "Adoption Bug" picture on the left side of my blog you will be directed to our t-shirt fundraiser webpage.  This amazing family started this company to help with their own adoption.  Now they help tons of families adopt.  With every t-shirt sold from our link on their webite we will receive a percentage of the proceeds to help with our adoption expenses.  Not only is it a great fundraiser, but they also help with adoption awareness!!  Check out these great shirts.

Finally, we have a wonderful opportunity for all of our local friends here in MD.
The amazing owners of Artventure Us!, and new paint studio here in the Kentlands, has offered to host TWO fundraisers for us!  Michelle is a great artist and she has designed some amazing projects.  She will lead each would-be artist in the class in painting their very own picture.  For our children's session she designed this adorable Panda, the national animal of Ch*na.  *Notice the red thread surrounding our little panda--check out our previous post about the red  thread proverb*
We will also host an adult painting party and this great design is still in the works. What a great way to spend an evening out--- with friends and paint!!
A percentage of every artist's fee will go to help bring Ellie home.

If you live in this area, and are interested in registering for one of these classes, please let me know.
Thank you Michelle and Steve!!!  You guys rock!

Well that's our fundraising advertising!  Thank you for your consideration.  But MOST of all.... thank you for your continued prayer support!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas for fundraising! Will you have a chip-in on your blog and/or how do you receive funds? I love the name Ellie and would like to name Miss Wang Ellie too! :)
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nina for pointing this out...I'm still so new to this! I added a donate button up top.

    I'm so happy for you about your newest little one! And of course I agree, that Ellie would be a great name!!

    ReplyDelete