Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Monday, February 13, 2012

All because two people fell in love...

This is written on a sign hanging above our fireplace.  Underneath the sign are pictures of our five beautiful gifts from God!  We love this saying, but need to add "..with our Lord!"
-All because two people fell in love with our Lord --
  We have all that we have because He loves us.  We are so very blessed.  And I am blessed that not only does my Jesus love me, but that my wonderful husband does too!
        I am married to one of the most amazing men in the world.  As a valentines gift, I wanted to write this post about him.  Steven, (but he prefers "Steve"...sorry, Honey) is one of the greatest gifts the Lord has given to me.
        I fell in love with this amazing man almost 14 years ago.  Well...probably longer than that!  I kind of "stalked" him in college before we officially met! He was soooo gorgeous and I thought I was totally out of his league.  I would drool over him.  It didn't matter if he was singing in the choir at church, walking to class, or playing trumpet in the band. I never had enough courage to talk to him.  Finally one night I promised God in prayer, that if I saw him at school the next morning, and He would send me the courage, then I would talk to Steven.  Well the next morning I quickly forgot that promise as I jumped out of bed, late for my class and threw on old clothes, my glasses, and a baseball hat.  As Steven always says, God DOES have a sense of humor!  I sped into the nursing school parking lot and my heart stopped when my eyes laid on the very first person I saw walking to the building--you guessed it my secret "love"!  "No, Lord, No! I know I promised, but I cannot talk to him now, not looking... and smelling like this!!", I reasoned with the Almighty.  I knew that our classes were not on the same schedule so I felt fairly confident in making another promise to our God--- that if I saw him for a second time today that I would surely talk to him.  Well don't you know that during one of the breaks in my class while I was standing out in the hall talking to some classmates, God had a different plan.  Before I could say "No, Lord" again, down the hall walks the very person I was trying to avoid for the rest of the day!  He just had to be thirsty, and just happened to come to the water fountain on the very opposite end of the building, the water fountain that I happened to be standing right next to!!  "Okay, Lord,  I heard you!"  So I think I asked him to come to our youth group meeting that week.  But to be honest I could not remember what I said... he was soooo handsome, even more so up close!  To my amazement he came to the meeting I had invited him to that week.  And the best part.... we had a wonderful time together and with all of my amazing friends!
        The next week he asked me out on our first date.  On April 19, 1998 we began an amazing adventure together.  Little did we know that day, as we sat on the lawn of our college campus sharing many of the very same dreams,  that those dreams would be coming true together!
Steven is the love of my life.  Jesus makes this love even deeper and truer in it's meaning.  Out of our love, God has given us five amazing children.  And I am in awe when I think of the beauty of it all.
     Steven loves me completely.  He strengthens me when I am weak, encourages me when I'm self-doubting, and thanks me for all that I do for him and the children.  He makes me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt before.   He is an amazing father, and the kids adore him!  He has a special name for each of them and makes them all feel loved.  They look up to him in everything he does.  Thomas thinks that "Daddy is stronger than anybody"!   Clare thinks Daddy is "awesome".  Anna thinks Daddy is her "knight and she is the princess and one day they will have a beautiful wedding and she will wear a beautiful dress...and they will live happily every after"....sorry Anna he's already taken, but you could live with US happily ever after! And Jon thinks he is a "hero".  We cannot wait to see what Ellie thinks of her "ba-ba"!
Jon and his "hero"

Thomas safe in Daddy's arms

Daddy's girls....and one of his favorite nieces!

Home from Iraq --  Jan 2009

    In the inside of our wedding rings we have the inscription "Love Never Fails".  It is from 1 Corinthians 13:8  God has shown us time and time again that His love does not fail...it is never ending...we thank him for His love and our love!  And I thank you, Steven, my love for all that you do for me and our family.  You are my valentine today and always!!  Je t'aime my love, always and forever.

Yours,
Amiee

No comments:

Post a Comment