United in our hearts and in our family-
Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
God made us a family
Well the CNY ended yesterday. This amazing Chinese celebration ends on the day of the full moon with the Lantern festival. The children and I attended a Chinese New Year presentation at our library this past Saturday. Children from a local Chinese school preformed this wonderful presentation. We saw a lion dance (Thomas loved it, Anna was scared), a Chinese yo-yo demonstration (Clare and Jon's favorite), a kung-fu demonstration, zither presentation, and more. We were all amazed. I sat there thinking about my sweet baby and our deep connection with this county. It amazes me that Steve and I have always felt a pull to this part of our world. Our two countries, on the surface, are so very different. But if we choose to see the world as our Lord sees this world, we are so much a like. As parents we have the same hope and love for our children. As children we have the same needs and longing to be loved. God does not see us any different. I pray that we will be able to help our sweet girl know that she is part of this family fully and deeply. That despite the way our world may see the differences in our family, that our souls are the same, and designed to be together in this family. Please join me in prayer for all of the children that face this challenge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment