- The amazing book, The House of Hope, by Elisabeth Gifford
- The past updates on her through Show Hope
- A wonderful person who went to Hope Healing Home and emailed me saying he was able to spend time with Ellie, and "she is adorable"
- And many reassurance from other adoptive moms
God is so good....."all the time" (to quote one of our favorite priests from Fatima in MS)
Here are a few things written from the update... and some adorable pictures:
Her current health is good.
She cannot stand due to her special need, but she can crawl. She can say mama. (I cannot wait to hear it!)
She is learning Mandarin.
She can hear some English
They call her Xiao Fang.
She is a bit shy with strangers.
She was found on the road of Nan Yuan, TangYin County of An Yang City (This line, I read at least one hundred times.... please pray for her birth parents...pray our gracious Lord will give them peace and the reassurance that their daughter will be so loved for the rest of her life)
She eats noodle, congee, eggs, dumpling, rice, eggs (She must really like eggs. And what exactlly is "congee"?)
She is 9.3kg (20.5 lbs), 73cm (28.7 in), has 18 teeth, and her foot length is 11cm (4.3 in)---my sweet baby!


Awwww, yay! Updates are the best!!!! From what I understand, congee is like a thick rice soup...I've heard one of our little ones eats that as well. :)
ReplyDeleteAimee she is beautiful! So glad you got an update! Yes, Congee is a thick rice porridge--the Chinese frequently eat it with salty meats on top. Most of the babies primarily eat that as a daily staple. So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I am so happy for you! She is absolutely precious!
ReplyDelete