Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I am here!!!!

Yes, I am so happy to report that I have safely made it to Beijing!! I walked into my hotel room a little over 24 hours after leaving my house. I am so very happy to be here. My plane coming here was stuck on the runway for three hours, with no a/c!!! But....I could feel God's mercy and peace washing over me. Nothing could take away the joy and excitement I felt, and I am still feeling!! Thank you all so much for the prayers.

And to make the trip here even sweeter.....the AMAZING staff of New Hope still came to pick me up despite the delay..... Wow!!! That's all I have to say after meeting the Hills. I know in a previous blog post I wrote about the book that was written about them, and the amazing work they do for these precious children. I highly recommend this book to everyone. They are great examples of Jesus' sacrificial love for others! I can't remember the title right now....my brain is shutting down...but I will post it in another blog. We are so very blessed that Ellie spent the first (almost) two years of her life here.

I have to get to bed....tomorrow is sightseeing...fun! Fun!

Here are a few pics from my flight in.....Oh, and the puppy is Clare's friend "Chip", who wanted to come along for the journey....

 

 

One of the nurses that took care of Ellie signing her book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment