Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Monday, March 26, 2012

One step closer --- LID!!

So happy to report that we have a log in date (or LID) of March 22, 2012!!!!  Talk about wonderful gifts!!!  I am so happy. This happens to have been the day we had our wonderful date to see the Shen Yun show at the Kennedy Center. I did feel closer to her that night, but didn't realize we were actually one step closer in the adoption process!!!  For those of you that aren't sure what LID means... this means that our dossier (our "all about us" collection of documents and pictures) has been verified and logged into the Chinese Chlidren Welfare system.  Now we once again wait for the next step.... our LOA (letter of acceptance).  This next step could take any where from 60-100+ days!!!  Please pray that our next step, our LOA comes quickly, but more importantly with the blessing and timing of our Lord.

Each of our children have a special song that we sing to them when we tuck them in at night.  Clare's is a verse I prayed when I was pregnant with her.  It is a special song to our blessed mother, Mary.  Jon's song is "Your song" by Elton John.  Anna's song is "All I ask of you" from the Phatom of the Opera.  By the way, she pick that one out!  And Thomas' song is the blessing song we learned at a youth retreat, TEC.  We sang it over each other at our wedding, and we sing it to Thomas every night.  For a while I was searching for Ellie's song, and I found it about two months ago.  The words speak so profoundly to me.  It represents this wonderful journey we are on to each other, and of the depth of the love we have for her today and always. Today is a great day to share with you "Ellie's song".  It is "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perry.

Here is the video



Here are the words ---


Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer
One step closer

[Chorus:]
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

1 comment:

  1. Amiee, I love the song for Ellie!! Congrats on your LID!!!! One step closer!!! Praying for your journey!! Your family is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete