Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I love being a mommy!

I do.  I LOVE being a mom.  I've always wanted to be a mom.  Growing up I had 13 Cabbage Patch kids,  each one was named and loved very much. I pretended to be a "mommy" all of the time.  Well except when I would set up my pretend hospital and play "nurse".... two dreams God has already fulfilled!

This morning I couldn't help but think of the little (and big) things that I love about being a mom...
  - the fact the Thomas still thinks Mommy kisses fixes all boo-boos
  - the way that each of the children come crawl into my lap (or bed) first thing in the morning
  - when they are sick, or sad, they want me to wrap my arms around them
  - watching them learn new skills, like reading and riding their bikes
  - watching them grow and become the amazing people God has designed them to become

Now I have an opportunity to grow as a mom... to parent a child who has had more loses in her tiny life than I have had in my entire 34 years.  One day she will realize that I will not be able to kiss away her boo-boos.... that she will have challenges that I cannot fix.
  I have been given the privilege to be in this sweet girl's life....as her mom!  Please Lord, help me to love Ellie as you love her, to show her that you are the great healer of all hurts.  Right now, please help her to learn that you have been with her always , and very soon her mommy, who loves her so much, will be with her too!

I am so blessed to be a mommy to these amazing children!





No comments:

Post a Comment