Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Monday, January 23, 2012

A gift of hope from Show Hope and New Hope Foundation-

One night as I was praying for Ellie I was voicing my frustration with our Lord about not being able to "do anything" for her right now.  When I was pregnant with our other children there was so much I could do for them while I was waiting for their arrival.  I took care of myself, took vitamins, kept doctors appointments, had ultrasounds, etc.  I could watch my belly grow and feel them move, knowing they were growing stronger every day.  Now, with Ellie, all I can do is wait and pray and wait!  There is nothing more I can do with paperwork right now, but wait!  When I finally took a break in my ranting of frustrations, I actually began to listen to the Lord's promptings.  He reminded me of the wonderful sponsorship program for New Hope http://www.hopefosterhome.com/ through the Show Hope http://www.showhope.org/ ministries.  Both of these ministries are amazing! And I'm sure I will write about them more and their impact in our family in a later entry.

So in the morning I hoped on the website and signed up to be one of Ellie's sponsors.  On their website http://www.hopefosterhome.com/babies/index.htm  Ellie is listed as Bribecca.  On a side note--  when  a family is the first to sponsor a baby at Hope Healing Home they are given the opportunity to give the child an English name.  I am very curious why Ellie's first sponsor choose the name "Bribecca".  This person is added to our "Thanksgiving" list (people we are so thankful to God for sending to our little girl).
As soon as became one of Ellie's sponsors I felt a warm contentment.  Right now I am unable to feed her, change her diaper, care for her when she is sick, but we can help, in a small way, right now through sponsorship.

Last night we received our own little sparkle of hope from Show Hope.  Through the sponsorship program, we were to receive an update on Ellie in February.  But last night, we received an email from a great man at Show Hope providing us with the past updates on Ellie.  Here are some adorable pictures and insight into our sweet girl's personalty---

Spring 2011

"Bribecca can often be found sitting outside in the comfort of her nanny’s lap. This sweet little girl is content to observe the older kids as they run around and play. Though not old enough to hop up and join them, this does not stop her from being an active participant, as she loves to join in on their laughter! She has one of the cutest little smiles…once you see her smile, it’s impossible not to smile back! 

Another activity Bribecca enjoys is scooting around her nursery in her baby bouncer. She will often scoot over to the other children in her room to see what kind of fun they might be having, and is quick to join in!

Bribecca is simply a little cuddle bug! She loves to have fun and laugh, but is also quite content to simply be held and loved on. This sweet little girl is impossible to not have fun with!"

Summer 2011


"Sweet Bribecca is still as active and curious as ever! She loves playing games with her nannies and the nannies are always delighted and impressed with whatever game she invents. She is quite the fast little crawler and her speed and agility make her quite a hard target to keep in focus!"


"Bribecca has been quick to welcome newcomers this summer, and if you catch her in the hall on her way to lunch, she is quick to smile and wave. This adorable little lady is one of the most delightful little playmates!"
Our sweet baby!!  We love her so much.







FALL 2011
  "
Check out those amazing dimples!
 Bribecca is a huge part of the warmth that radiates from this place.   She eagerly shines her beautiful smile to those that pass by her playroom.  Once she has lured you in with her smile she then captivates you with her sweet tender heart. Every morning when her playmates go to kindergarten Bribecca follows them saying “Shang ke” which means go to class.  She is eager to learn and loves to join us in song time.  Her favorite songs are “The itsy bitsy spider” and “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.  

Bribecca is very outgoing and friendly.  When I pass her in the hall I can always count on hugs and kisses from her.  She loves to play outside and go on daily walks with her ayis.  It is such a joy to be a part of Bribecca’s life watching as she grows each day.   She shows me more of her inner beauty every moment that we are together.  She truly is a precious gift."

Isn't she amazing?!?  This little treasure gave me so much hope!  In my heart I already knew how amazing she is, but now I can read it from somebody who cares for her every day!  Now I have a wonderful reassurance that she is being loved, held, played with, sang to, cared for so wonderfully!  Thank you, Lord for my wonderful answer to prayer-- and for the amazing people at Hope Healing Home, New Hope Foundation, and Show Hope ministries!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, what a special gift! She is such a doll and now you can find out how she's doing!!! We hope to be able to sponsor our Addisyn sometime soon...it just helps knowing we're doing *something*. :)

    ReplyDelete