For those of you that are just reading for the first time, or for friends that have returned again...bare with me a moment while I explain the importance of this phrase....
Ever since we brought Ellie home, over two years ago, it has been part of my prayer time to get on the computer and scroll through the many, many pictures of waiting children. I pray for each precious boy and girl...sometimes stopping longer at one face searching their eyes for a glimmer of hope or joy. So many times my heart is saddened with the overwhelming number of children still left orphaned...waiting for their families. Normally I walk away from the photos, knowing God has a plan and a purpose for each child. I thank God for the children he has entrusted in our care, and continue on my day. Well about two months ago, I came to a pair of eyes that looked right into my soul, a sweet smile that captured my heart, and caused me to return to his photo again and again. I fell in love with this boy. I continued to pray and think about him.
THIS boy....that has waited so long.
This boy, who is a beautiful gift to the world.
This boy, who is loved dearly by our Heavenly Father;
THIS boy who I hoped was my son.
I could NOT get him off of my mind....but surely, the Lord surely....could you not really be calling us?? right??
I knew the answer I was going to get from my husband before I even mentioned it to him....but I had to, I HAD to share his picture, had to ask, just maybe (wishing, crossing fingers, trying NOT to get my hopes up)...
And of course his initial response was not as I had hoped *blush*. Let me stop right there... I am married to one amazing man. A man who loves Jesus, who walks the path of his LORD, a man who is courageous, and not afraid of the "what ifs" in life, a man who loves me and his children deeply and would do anything for his family. Yet....I wanted him to make the right decision for our family, for this precious boy, for our other children, for our marriage, for God. When it came to my decision, my mind was already made up, it was one big MAMA heart's "YES!"....but I trust in my husband's guidance, and gave him, uh, tried to give him time! I'll be honest...I was not hopeful for a long time. I started to come to the notion that we were just supposed to be his "prayer family". I committed that no matter what we decided I would forever be one of his prayer mamas.
"We walk by FAITH, not by sight"..... one day as we were talking and trying to come to a decision, and of course I was in tears.... Steve said, "I feel like I'm on top of a bridge, and I'm frightened" (and for those of you that don't know, my husband has a serious fear of heights....serious)
| Photo we took at the Hoover Dam (May 2012) |
He asked "should we jump"?
"We walk by faith, NOT by sight"..... We JUMPED!!! Yes......we did!!
We are so excited to announce that we are beginning the adoption process again, for our son!! Ever since we made the decision to pursue his adoption, God has lavished upon us His peace. We know we are following His plan and His purpose of our lives and our son's life. Looking at our family through the "world's view"...some may ask...don't you have enough kids? aren't you always busy? how can you take care of all of those children? Yet I invite you to look at our life through the Lord's view....He has PROVIDED. He has blessed us abundantly!! This year alone, we have received those "things" (house, van, a.k.a. the mom BUS, medical specialist) that are already prepared for our son, who has the same medical need as Ellie. We have learned so much about Spina Bifida since bringing Ellie home. We are fully prepared to care for him, just as we care for our sweet girl. God has provided over and over again. Without us even knowing it, He has already been preparing our family for this boy. How could we say "NO"???? How can we say we are too busy...when our precious boy, and so many have never had the opportunity to be "busy" with life activities. How can we say we have enough children? God calls us to love sacrificially...to lay down our life for each other. Mother Therese says....
"We walk by faith, not by SIGHT".... the road to adoption is not an easy one, and we cannot see how the steps ahead will unfold. Yet we are super excited to watch how the Lord will write this part of our family's story. We cannot wait to have our son home. Right now we are just in the beginning stages. Unfortunately we are unable to share his photo until we have received official pre-approval from Ch*na. But have NO fear....as soon as I can.....you will see quickly why our hearts where drawn to this amazing boy!
Thank you for reading.
Please pray for us and follow along our journey to our boy...as we walk by faith, not by sight!




I have to admit I spent the prior night getting lost in Ellie's story and falling in love with "Your Family's" love story. I can't put into words what your brave heart of faith has given to me, thank you for sharing such a BIG love... It Matters ❤️ I can't wait to follow the second chapter of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails ❌⭕️❌⭕️
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! A child is always a blessing :) So excited to follow along on this beautiful journey!
ReplyDelete