Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Doing something

During the adoption process it feels so good to be able to "do" something, anything (paperwork, home study visits, collecting photographs and documents, fingerprints, and on, and on).  When you start the adoption process it feels like you step up to a giant mountain, one you have to scale, knowing all of the uncertainties, but so excited about getting to that summit.  As you chip away at each little step, the mountain doesn't really feel all that big.  Then it happens,  one day, when your climbing, and scaling, and sending in yet another document. You are done, you can't move any further...until you get the "all clear".  Then you have to wait.  Wait for the okay to keep climbing.  That part I am NOT looking forward to....

BUT...right now, I can DO something! So far, we have had physical exams, and blood work, sent in finical documents, and passport photos.  We have written autobiographies.  Mine was 9 pages long....go figure! Ha.  Our poor, poor social worker.  We have had criminal background checks, fingerprints, FBI clearances, child abuse clearances.....lots of clearances.  And we have even started our parent training....Doing plenty.

Tomorrow will be our first home study.  *happy dancing*  And yes, I am currently writing this at midnight.  This week I have cleaned the house upside and down.  Because of course, we can't let the social worker really see how seven people, two dogs, one cat, and a bunch of other little creatures...really live, now can we. Ha!

 As I was sitting on the kitchen floor polishing the cabinets (yes, I was actually doing that)... because you never know if clean cabinets might not pass "inspection" by our social worker.  Anyway I'm sitting there scrubbing...and it felt so good.  Now normally cleaning is not my favorite past time.  It's a necessity, not a joy.  But today was different.  It felt like scrubbing tubs was helping my boy come home.  Yes, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, polishing, and picking up every little toy....felt like it just moved us closer to him.  Crazy, maybe.....but tonight, I can go to sleep and know my lemon/bleach/clorox scented hands helped my boy.

When that awful waiting time begins....I will need prayers and reminders, that's it all part of His plan!!  But for now....I sure am enjoying the DOING!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhh, love you beautiful friend!! your house probably beats Martha Stuarts today! ha! now put your animals in a closet! haha! JK. so happy for you as you begin to check off each step, your one step closer to your little man! love you guys, praying for your day!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete