Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Elizabeth "Ellie" Xiao Fang

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Ellie,      It is 12:45 am here in Maryland.  So it is probably 12:45 pm where you are in Ch*na.  Just as I do each and every day since I saw your beautiful face, I am thinking about you.  I can't sleep so I am writing you this letter,  I'm sitting here wondering if you just had lunch? and what did you eat? are you getting ready for a nap? are you happy? are you sad? are you healthy? do you like stories being read to you? do you like music? what's your favorite color? what makes you giggle?  There are so many things that I cannot wait to learn about you.
     Just as I do every time saddness rushes over me at the thought of you being so far away from me, I stop and pray.  I pray that you will feel the very depth of my love for you, that you will know the warmth and security that waits for you in your Daddy's arms,  and that you will know the joy that stirs in your brothers and sisters as they speak your name and imagine your life in Ch*na.  I pray that your Gaurdian Angel will deliver a message of love to you in your dreams from your family here in America waiting for you.
      Today is a wonderful holiday we celebrate in America called Thanksgiving.  It is a time to join our family in friends in thanking our Heavenly Father for all of the many wonderful blessings He has provided for us throughout the  year.  Ever since the first Thanksgiving friends and family gather around the table sharing in a wonderful meal, sharing laughter and love, sharing stories and memories.  This year we have so much to be thankful for in our lives,,,,, and you are a part of our prayers of thanksgiving.  We are so thankful to have the priveledge of bringing you into our family.  We love you so much!!  May God bless you and keep you; may His angles watch over you and bring you safely into our arms.     
                                                                             Love always,
                                                                                     Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amiee! I completely understand your longing! It is SO hard to know that our children are so far away. May God watch over your little sweetie and give your heart peace. :) We can't wait to see Ellie in your arms! :)

    ReplyDelete